Managing your stress to become mentally clear and emotionally calm.
What is Meditation?
Meditation is so much more than just calming the mind, it is exercise for the brain. It is training the brain to be more present and mindful. It is learning not to just block distractions, but be able to maintain your focus in spite of them.
You didn’t know how to ride a bike the first time you sat on the seat, but with practice, you may have become a cycling superstar (even if in your own mind!) Meditation is the same. At first you may feel it does not work for you, or that you wouldn’t be ‘good’ at it. Once you find the meditation technique that best works for you, it can be life changing. Gaining control, or minimizing your mind wandering and increasing your ability to focus can leave you mentally clear and emotionally calm.
Are you ready?
Benefits of Meditation
Hundreds of thousands of studies demonstrate the benefits of meditation, including:
- Lowering cortisol levels (the hormone associated with stress) resulting in less stress, anxiety and depression
- Managing chronic pain
- Increasing concentration, controlling mind wandering
- Strengthening the immune system
- Lowering blood pressure and slowing the heart rate
- Heightened sense of well-being
- Greater happiness and emotional self-control